National Technical University Istanbul Technical University
"Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute" Informatics Institute
Educational and Scientific Institute of Istanbul, Turkey
Computer Science and Information Technology
LABORATORY OF BUSINESS ANALYTICS, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, AND DECISION-MAKING SUPPORT
The Laboratory is a structural subdivision of the Educational and Scientific Institute of Computer Science and Information Technology (hereinafter – the Institute) of the National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” (hereinafter – the University, NTU “KhPI”), which is created to organize and conduct educational and research activities in Business Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support in cooperation with the Informatics Institute of Istanbul Technical University (Turkey) with the support of the Ukrainian-Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Coordination Center of NTU “KhPI”.
The Laboratory is created to solve current scientific and practical problems in the field of Information Technology of Business Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and Decision support, educational process procurement, involving employees, doctoral students, graduate students, and students to solve important scientific and technical problems in collaboration with employees and applicants from Istanbul Technical University with the support of the Ukrainian-Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Coordination Center of NTU “KhPI”.
The main tasks of the Laboratory are:
1. Organization of scientific and technical research and implementation of practical developments following agreements with Istanbul Technical University, departments within it, and/or other organizations, enterprises, institutions to perform research work.
2. Assistance in the implementation of the results of scientific and technical developments of the Laboratory staff in the industry (commercialization of developments) and the educational process.
3. Promoting the quality of training of applicants at all levels and professional development of employees of NTU "KhPI" and Istanbul Technical University, by involving them in joint research and scientific and technical projects, grant projects, academic mobility programs, double degree programs for applicants for higher education at all levels (bachelor, master, doctor of philosophy), preparation of scientific publications and educational publications, participation in scientific and practical conferences, seminars, workshops, and other events.
4. Assistance in the development of topics and practices, diploma design, preparation of dissertations for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Doctor of Science.
5. Promoting the improvement of the content of education taking into account the modern achievements of science, technology, engineering, and production.
6. Promoting the introduction of advanced methods and modern information technology training.
7. Promoting the training of highly qualified scientific personnel (training of graduate students, doctoral students, applicants), preparation for the defense of dissertations, including among foreign citizens – applicants and employees of Istanbul Technical University.
8. Creating conditions for conducting research work on the profiles of the participating units of the Laboratory based on budget, economic, and grant funding.
9. Organization of marketing and promotion of the results of research work, implementation of development results in the production and educational process of NTU "KhPI" and Istanbul Technical University, promoting the development of scientific and pedagogical schools.
10. Promoting the effective use of the creative potential of scientific, pedagogical, and research workers in solving current problems of science, technology.
11. Organization of development, implementation, and examination of investment and innovation projects of domestic and foreign enterprises, state and regional authorities in cooperation with all structural units of the research part of NTU "KhPI" and relevant departments of Istanbul Technical University.
12. Performing other functions following the purpose of the Laboratory.
The Laboratory focuses on carrying out research, scientific, technical, and educational activities in the following areas:
- Databases, Data Warehouses (DWs), Data Marts (DMs);
- On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP), Multidimensional Analysis (MDA);
- Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting and Dashboards for Decision-Making;
- Data Analysis, Uncertainty Analysis;
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision (CV);
- Business Process Modeling, Analysis, and Management (BPM);
- Weak-Structured Data Processing, Natural Language Processing (NLP);
- Multi-Agent Systems (MAS);
- Intelligent Data Analysis, Data Mining;
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on the Internet,